[Buildroot] curl sagmentatation fault - > is openssl theculprit ?

Gustavo Zacarias gustavo at zacarias.com.ar
Fri Mar 16 16:32:27 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-16 13:08, Sagaert Johan wrote:

> Hi Arnout ;
>
> I looked into the openssl.mk.
>
> I don't know where armv4 stands for i am using arm9 on my target..
>
> Snip....
>
> # Some architectures are optimized in OpenSSL
> ifeq ($(ARCH),arm)
> ifneq ($(BR2_generic_arm),y)
> ifneq ($(BR2_arm610),y)
> ifneq ($(BR2_arm710),y)
> OPENSSL_TARGET_ARCH = armv4
> endif
> endif
> endif
> endif
>
> Snip...
>
> This needs some more research...
> Gone give it a try commenting it out.

Newer openssl versions incorporated ARM assembly optimizations which
require at least an ARMv4 ISA-capable processor to utilize them.
Similar to the optimizations already in place for PowerPC and others.
So it's just a basic check that you've got at least a v4-capable CPU as
target to enable them.
Regards.