[Buildroot] WebKit - Random-crashes ?

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Tue Mar 20 12:55:55 UTC 2012

On 20/03/2012 12:48, Sagaert Johan wrote:

> Hi
>
> Libsoup again ....
> Hmm remember a few weeks ago a got a problem to with libsoup and the networking used from libglib2
>
> The issue i had was :
>
> Run a function from main() ->  function works
> Run the same function from a thread (either pthread or gthread) functions failed : could not connect..
> I traced it down to gsocket.c and then gave up searching...,i have a target date to get the soft ready.
>
> The socket connect() returned with -1 but errno did not contain the error...
> If i had set errno=1234 BEFORE the connect, then after the connect() failed it still contained 1234 ...
> In reality errno should of been set to EINPROGRESS (115)...
> Strange things that i could not explain...

Hi Johan,

This sounds a lot like a linuxthreads errno bug in uClibc. There is an
open bug report in uClibc somewhere on the issue. If you built your
toolchain using buildroot then a patch should have been applied
(uClibc-0.9.32-linuxthreads-errno-fix.patch) but if you built it using
crosstools-ng then this issue will remain.

Regards
Will

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA