[Buildroot] Fedora 16: Cannot find -lc

Alexander Broekhuis a.broekhuis at gmail.com
Tue May 1 06:35:01 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to use buildroot on a Fedora 16 installation and run into the
following error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The last make command before the error:
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/alexander/Development/buildroot/output/build/host-module-init-tools-3.15/build'
/usr/lib/ccache/gcc  -O2
-I/home/alexander/Development/buildroot/output/host/include
-I/home/alexander/Development/buildroot/output/host/usr/include -Wunused
-Wall -static -L/home/alexander/Development/buildroot/output/host/lib
-L/home/alexander/Development/buildroot/output/host/usr/lib
-Wl,-rpath,/home/alexander/Development/buildroot/output/host/usr/lib -o
insmod.static insmod.o libmodtools.a

I am using the latest buildroot and also tried to use a snapshot release.
Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Tia!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis