[Buildroot] add option to enable AI_ADDRCONFIG support

Gustavo Zacarias gustavo at zacarias.com.ar
Wed May 2 13:33:15 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-15 17:56, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  Thomas> Is it common to have AI_ADDRCONFIG disabled in external
> toolchains?
>  Thomas> Notice that we have a similar problem with ltp-testsuite at
> the moment.
>
> Hard to say, but the config option defaults to 'n' in uClibc - So
> chances are that it is.
>
>  Thomas> Do we really want to add one more toolchain option just for
>  Thomas> this small feature? Sounds like a big hammer, no?
>
> True, but it is the safest approach. I don't feel strongly about it
> though - Anybody?

IMHO it should be enabled by default, it's been in glibc since version
2.3.
Some programs benefit a lot in the configuration department from it,
for example samba.
Doing a interfaces=192.168.1.1/255/255/255.0 statement versus a
interfaces=eth0 statement in the configuration file is a big bonus to
me.
I'm sending a patch right away.
Regards.