[Buildroot] Problem with host packages

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sat May 19 19:31:00 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Will" == Will Wagner <will_wagner at carallon.com> writes:

 Will> Hello,
 Will> I have been working on updating the xorg components and as part of
 Will> that I need to update mesa3d. Newer version of this require that you
 Will> have python libxml2 support.

 Will> Currently for host-libxml2 python support is disabled. I can change
 Will> that so that it builds python support but that then means you have to
 Will> build host-python any time you want host-libxml2. When building for
 Will> the target we are able to see what is selected for the target and
 Will> conditionally change what options are used. Is there an equivalent
 Will> mechanism for doing this with host packages?

Not really as those don't get added to TARGETS, but only in the various
*_DEPENDENCIES variables. Perhaps we should add them to TARGETS.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard