[Buildroot] Various problem using buildroot-2012.05

Bernd Kuhls berndkuhls at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 10 14:28:42 UTC 2012

Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni-wi1+55ScJUtKEb57/3fJTNBPR1lH4CV8
@public.gmane.org> wrote in news:20120618103657.721db39b at skate:

> Le Mon, 18 Jun 2012 00:46:05 -0700 (PDT),
> Ming-Ching Tiew <mctiew at yahoo.com> a écrit :
>> Because there are many packages are not made to compile in a cross
>> environment. For many, it's not a trial task to adapt those packages
>> for cross compiling.
> Which packages are you talking about? If there are of general interest,
> some people might be interested in helping to get them to cross-compile.

Hi,

in my case it´s Perl, along with Spamassassin to be build on-top of it. The
current effort to cross-compile Perl is problematic in regard to cross-
compile CPAN modules, so now I am trying to compile Perl on the target
machine using a buildroot-made gcc_target toolchain along with some
dependency libs.

Kind regards, Bernd