[Buildroot] Report from the Buildroot Developers Day at ELCE

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Nov 13 13:49:56 UTC 2012

Hello all,

As everyone most likely knows, a Buildroot Developers meeting took
place on November 3rd and 4th in Barcelona, right before the Embedded
Linux Conference Europe.

Nine participants, joined by another surprise participant, were present
at this meeting, and we had some really good discussions and hacking
sessions.

Arnout Vandecappelle has taken a lot of notes during the meeting, which
he compiled into a nice report and list of action items:

  http://elinux.org/Buildroot:DeveloperDaysELCE2012#Report_of_the_meeting

I also posted a news on the Emlinews site:

  http://www.emlinews.net/2012/11/report-from-the-buildroot-developers-day-in-barcelona/

Do not hesitate to ask questions if anything remains imprecise in the
report.

I would like to thank again our sponsors Fluendo
<http://www.fluendo.com> and Synopsys <http://www.synopsys.com>, that
kindly sponsored the meeting room and the saturday evening dinner.

At the end of the meeting, the participants agreed on the date and
location for the next meeting: it will take place on February 4th and
5th in Brussels, Belgium, right after the FOSDEM
<http://www.fosdem.org>. Since the meeting will take place during work
days, we do not necessarily expect all participants to join for the two
days. Therefore, the first day (which is more likely to have the
highest number of participants) will be mostly dedicated to
discussions, and the second day to hacking. Book your dates and flight
tickets for FOSDEM!

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni
--