[Buildroot] How to build Kernel 2.6.x

woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 09:19:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

I want to build kernel version 2.6.16 for ARM (s3c2410).  The 2.6.16 is
not listed in either tool chains kernel headers options list or kernel
version options list.  What I can do is manual specify the version via
the buildroot menus.  However, it then failed in a stable of buidling
toolchain, it complains that there is no a '.config' found under the
kernel source directory and also not found the "headers_install" targets.

I've already manually downloaded the 2.6.16 tarball to the correct
location that can be found by buildroot.

So, what should I do?  Is may method wrong?

Thanks in advance!

--
woody
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then.