[Buildroot] Udev on a live CD system does not appear to populate /dev

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Nov 6 23:46:20 UTC 2012

On 06/11/12 19:37, Stefan Fröberg wrote:
> Here's what I have minimally in my own buildroot's fs/skeleton/dev folder (which is copied at the end of the buildroot
> process into output/target/dev )

  Err... That can only work if you have sudo in your post-build script - which
we consider bad practice.  We have the device_table to deal with device nodes.
And all of that shouldn't be necessary if you use devtmpfs (or udev or mdev,
which implies devtmpfs).  If you use static device nodes, then the default
device_table_dev creates all of those.

  If that doesn't work for you, then we should try to fix it in buildroot.

  Regards,
  Arnout
--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540