[Buildroot] mesa3d: "ImportError: No module named libxml2"

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Mon Nov 12 21:06:07 UTC 2012

On 11/12/12 12:56, Will Wagner wrote:
> I ported newer X11 to buildroot a while back a posted a link to the repository. At the time the only comment I got was
> from Thomas about the requirement for python/libxml2 which he hated then as well :)
>
> I patched it so that it conditionally build host-libxml2 with the reuqired support if mesa3d was selected. My patch for
> this is at https://gitorious.org/willw-buildroot/willw-buildroot/commit/421b4fd572869b22de11a0f0fad161e284c41bcc
>
> If we want newer mesa3d support I think we are going to have to come up with some suitable solution for this.

  Yes, and your patch looks in pretty good shape already.  I would make
BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_LIBXML2_PYTHON a blind option (i.e. remove the string after
bool).  I'd also remove the dependency on BR2_PACKAGE_LIBXML2 (in fact,
mesa3d doesn't require libxml2).  And I'd keep the --without-debug.  But
otherwise the patch looks good :-)

  Care to post it to the list, followed by a mesa3d patch that uses it?

  Regards,
  Arnout
--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540