[Buildroot] libgomp.so.1.0.0 not in target image

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Nov 14 08:21:03 UTC 2012

Arnout,

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 00:06:34 +0100, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:
> On 13/11/12 23:10, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> > Arnout,
> >
> > On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:34:32 +0100, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:
> >
> >>    Thomas, I think this should be fixed by adding libgomp to
> >> LIB_EXTERNAL_LIBS in ext-tool.mk.  Is that right?  Will that also
> >> work if libgomp doesn't exist?
> >
> > Do we really need to be linked against libgomp? Under what
> > conditions does that happen? Can't we avoid that even if the
> > toolchain has OpenMP support?
>
>   beecrypt links agains libgomp if libgomp is available; rpm uses
> beecrypt.
>
>   The point is not avoiding to link with libgomp (you have to do that
> explicitly), the point is that if somebody links against libgomp, it
> has to be in target.

My point is precisely to avoid linking with libgomp. OpenMP in beecrypt
is only used in one location, the RSA algorithm, and OpenMP support can
be disabled by passing --disable-openmp.

So instead of unconditionally copying a 232 KB library just to
parallelize a single RSA algorithm in beecrypt, I'd rather advocate to
disable OpenMP support in beecrypt.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons