[Buildroot] How to build Kernel 2.6.x

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:07:07 UTC 2012

在 2012-11-14 PM10:32,"Thomas Petazzoni" <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
>写道:
>
> Dear woody,
>
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 17:19:15 +0800, woody wrote:
>
> > I want to build kernel version 2.6.16 for ARM (s3c2410).  The 2.6.16 is
>
> Why 2.6.16 ? This is prehistory.

I tried this is just because I got compiling error with other 2.6 kernel
versions listed in buildroot kernel versions selection list.
The error with those kernels is from lcd_backlight.c, saying a function
reference is not declared.

> > not listed in either tool chains kernel headers options list or kernel
> > version options list.  What I can do is manual specify the version via
> > the buildroot menus.  However, it then failed in a stable of buidling
> > toolchain, it complains that there is no a '.config' found under the
> > kernel source directory and also not found the "headers_install"
targets.

> > I've already manually downloaded the 2.6.16 tarball to the correct
> > location that can be found by buildroot.
> >
> > So, what should I do?  Is may method wrong?
>
> Please post your Buildroot .config file and put your entire build log
> on some pastebin site (http://pastebin.com for example).

I will fist try some other pepople's suggestions in the thread to use the
2.6.20 kernel. If things still go bad, I will post detail info as you
suggested. Now I just lost the log.  But I thank you very much!