[Buildroot] How to regenerate zImage?

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 01:57:46 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-26, Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>
wrote:
> Dear Woody Wu,
>
> Please do not reply to me directly: always keep the list Cc'ed.

Sorry, I will stick to the list only.

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:32:52 +0800, Woody Wu wrote:
>> > Two solutions:
>> >
>> >  *) Do the build of the component you're actively working on
>> >  outside of Buildroot. Typically, when I do kernel hacking, I do it
>> >  outside of Buildroot, and I use Buildroot only as a final
>> >  integration mechanism, to make sure that the system build process
>> >  is reproducible. But not during development.
>> >
>> >  *) Use the OVERRIDE_SRCDIR mechanism, as documented in
>> >  http://www.elinux.org/images/2/2a/Using-buildroot-real-project.pdf,
>> >  slide 41.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> >
>> > Thomas
>>
>> Thanks for the excellent slides.  But I don't understand, where to
>> input the "LINUX_OVERRIDE_SRCDIR=/my/path/of/linux".  Did I miss
>> something?
>
> You should put it in a file called "local.mk" at the root of the
> Buildroot sources directory. Note that "local.mk" is the default
> name/location, you can tune that using BR2_PACKAGE_OVERRIDE_FILE.

Many thanks.  I also want to do the same thing for the uboot, but I am
not certain what's the correct package name for it.  Should I use
UBOOT_OVERRIDE_SRCDIR or BOOT_OVERRIDE_SRCDIR? Thanks.

-- woody I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person
then.