[Buildroot] mkcramfs invalid option 'q'

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Nov 30 07:28:18 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Woody" == Woody Wu <narkewoody at gmail.com> writes:

 Woody> Hi, list
 Woody> What now concerns me is an warning message in the output of building
 Woody> cramfs image:

 Woody> ...
 Woody> tdir=/home/buildroot/buildroot-2012.08/output/target
 Woody> table='/home/buildroot/buildroot-2012.08/output/build/_device_table.txt'
 Woody> /home/buildroot/buildroot-2012.08/output/host/usr/bin/mkcramfs: invalid
 Woody> option -- 'q'
 Woody> ...

 Woody> I just want to ensure that this is normal and I don't need to warry
 Woody> about it. Otherwise, please someone tell me a fix.  Thanks!

I looked back in git history, and we have apparently had this -q option
ever since cramfs support was introduced in 2003! I've removed it now
from git as mkcramfs doesn't take a -q option, thanks.

Notice: I would strongly suggest you move to squashfs instead of the
ancient cramfs.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard