[Buildroot] long starting time

Zoran Djordjevic djdjdjole at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 10:54:32 UTC 2012

I don't know if this question should be targeted to Buildroot forum.
My root file system (X framebuffer) was built using Buildroot and my
.xinitrc file consists of these lines:

twm &
xclock -geometry 100x100-1+1 &
/root/MyProgram &
exec xterm -geometry 30x36+0+0 - name login

Few strange matters I noticed. When starting X (framebuffer) server, it
correctly read those lines and start xterm (few seconds later) and after
that, I had to wait about 20 seconds for other two programs to start.
I don't know why this happens.
Also, program, named MyProgram (only one window and button inside), when
started, draws only window's border and when I click on caption it then
repaints window and do corectly whatever intended programatically.
And last, can I somehow avoid twm or use some other window manager, because
I would like not to have twm's menues (when clicked on empty space of
desktop).

Regards