[Buildroot] Questions abou PAM, cracklib and busybox adduser

Stefan Fröberg stefan.froberg at petroprogram.com
Mon Oct 1 13:56:42 UTC 2012

Hello all

I was just wondering if it makes sense to compile the new linux-pam
package that is now in buildroot
with cracklib support ?

I mean, doesn't the busybox adduser applet (or more like, passwd applet)
contain somekind of password strength checking
(CONFIG_FEATURE_PASSWD_WEAK_CHECK) option already ?

I wan't the best password strength checking possible so should I use
plain busybox with CONFIG_FEATURE_PASSWD_WEAK_CHECK enabled or
disable that and compile linux-pam with cracklib ?

Best regards:
Stefan

P.S:

Does anybody happen to have a nice patch to busybox deluser applet so
that it would support
the -r, --remove option (remove user home directory after user has been
removed  from /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow)
 like shadow package userdel command does ?

Im feeling soooo lazy today to start messing with
shadow-4.1.5.1/src/userdel.c and grokking how to add that to deluser
:-)