[Buildroot] Configuring for a custom kernel.

Chris Wilkinson kinsham at verizon.net
Mon Oct 15 16:17:25 UTC 2012

I saved a custom kernel tarball to <BR>/dl.

I extracted the kernel with 'make linux-extract', creating
<BR>/output/build/linux-custom/.

I configured the kernel with 'make linux-menuconfig'.

This saves the kernel config in <BR>/output/build/linux-custom/.config.

What should the kernel settings be in <BR> 'make menuconfig' for

kernel version (custom tarball and its filename?)
kernel configuration ('using defconfig' or 'using custom config'?)
Defconfig name

Neither of the two kernel configuration options available seem to point
to ./config
--
Chris