[Buildroot] Local SVN respository

john john.osullivan at cloudiumsystems.com
Thu Oct 18 08:05:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to build a local package from a local svn repository. The
software I am building is a heavily hacked version of some open source
package. I am trying to retrieve the software from a local svn
repository (svn:// and not http) but buildroot keeps fetching the
official version of the software rather than my local copy. I have tried
various options like _OVERRIDE_SRCDIR but cannot change this behaviour,
any suggestions?

An extract from my mk file follows:

MYPACKAGE_VERSION = 1.0.1

#This should fetch it from an SVN repository and create
mysoftware-1.0.1.tar.gz in the dl directory
MYPACKAGE_SITE=svn://myserver/mydir/trunk/mysoftware-1.0.1/

#MYPACKAGE_SITE_METHOD = svn

#MYPACKAGE_OVERRIDE_SRCDIR =
${BUILDROOT_LOCATION}/../../mydir/mysoftware-1.0.1/

#This should take  mysoftware-1.0.1.tar.gz directly from the dl
directory and place it in output/build/mysoftware directory
MYPACKAGE_SOURCE = mysoftware-$(MYPACKAGE_VERSION).tar.gz