[Buildroot] eGalax Touchscreen

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Oct 5 18:57:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

 >> What I have to do to get the touchscreen running?
 >> Any help will be welcome.

 Arnout>  This is not really a buildroot-related question,
 Arnout> linux-input at vger.kernel.org would be more appropriate.

Or eGalaxy support for their non-upstream driver.

 Arnout>  Still, some ideas:

 Arnout> - I never heard of /dev/uinput or /dev/hidraw.  Input devices
 Arnout> can usually be found in /dev/input/.  Perhaps you need udev
 Arnout> rules to create /dev/uinput or /dev/hidraw?

uinput is the interface for injecting input events into the kernel
(E.G. for userspace input drivers), and hidraw is the interface
to communicate with non-input devices (ab)using the hid protocol.

 Arnout>  For future posts, please

 Arnout> - mention the buildroot and kernel versions you use;

 Arnout> - post a defconfig instead of a a full config;

 Arnout> - post text attachments with disposition:inline so people can
 Arnout> quote them.

Indeed.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard