[Buildroot] Webkit compilation broken without X11

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Oct 9 09:17:01 UTC 2012

Dear Stephan Hoffmann,

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 10:26:04 +0200, Stephan Hoffmann wrote:

> I am currently trying to compile webkit for my beaglebone using
> directfb (without X11). Unfortunatelly, compilation stops because of
> missing X11 headers. This also happens with the qemu_arm_versatile
> defconfig.
>
> > In file included from ./WebCore/bridge/npruntime_internal.h:28:0,
> >                  from ./WebCore/plugins/PluginStream.h:40,
> >                  from ./WebCore/plugins/PluginView.h:36,
> >                  from
> > WebCore/bindings/js/ScriptControllerGtk.cpp:35: ./WebCore/bridge/npapi.h:105:26:
> > fatal error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
> > compilation terminated.
> > make[2]: ***
> > [WebCore/bindings/js/libwebkit_1_0_la-ScriptControllerGtk.lo]
> > Fehler 1
>
> In 2012.05 Webkit compiles o.k.
>
> Attached you find the modified defconfig to reproduce this failure.

Yes, the problem is well-known, and someone who cares about Webkit on
DirectFB needs to dig into it. Can you investigate? Maybe it's just a
header inclusion lacking the proper #ifdef, or maybe it's more
problematic (DirectFB support in Webkit not being well-maintained, for
example).

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons