[Buildroot] problem with sudo patch file name

Danomi Manchego danomimanchego123 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 02:01:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

I recently started to update our project to buildroot-2012.08.  When I went
to check into source control, I got an error from this file:

package/sudo/sudo-1.8.5p2-backport-commit-8209:0c4e3f68b2f5-from-upstream.patch

The problem is the colon (":") in the file name.  I think the problem is
that our source control system is on a Windows server

Would there be interest in a patch that renames this file to remove the
colon?  We could change the colon to an underscore or dash, but I see that
the upstream commit number is in a comment at the top of the patch, so I
don't know that naming the file after the upstream commit number is
actually helpful.  Maybe "sudo-1.8.5p2-backport-cross-compile-fix.patch"
would be better?

Danomi -