[Buildroot] Kernel version

Zoran Djordjevic djdjdjole at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 20:11:26 UTC 2012

A problem with tslib - "selected device uses a different version of the event protocol than tslib was compiled for"
initiated me to rethink about item in Buildroot menu under "Kernel" subtree.
What I don't understand is the meaning of Kernel version  (where I can enter for example 3.2.6) and custom kernel
configuration file - which could be ".config" from directory where are my linux sources (for example 2.6.32).
Questions are - how Buildroot knows where from to take kernel sources (is it directory where ".config" is ?) and
what in that case means "Kernel version " item ? Which kernel is built - if 3.2.6 then where sources come from
(Internet ?). Or is it only proper way to set "Kernel version" also to 2.6.32 according to above examples, but in that
case where the sources come from ?

Regards