[Buildroot] problem with sudo patch file name

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Sep 10 06:35:24 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Danomi" == Danomi Manchego <danomimanchego123 at gmail.com> writes:

 Danomi> Hi,
 Danomi> I recently started to update our project to buildroot-2012.08.  When I went to
 Danomi> check into source control, I got an error from this file:

 Danomi>     package/sudo/
 Danomi> sudo-1.8.5p2-backport-commit-8209:0c4e3f68b2f5-from-upstream.patch

 Danomi> The problem is the colon (":") in the file name.  I think the
 Danomi> problem is that our source control system is on a Windows
 Danomi> server

 Danomi> Would there be interest in a patch that renames this file to
 Danomi> remove the colon?   We could change the colon to an underscore
 Danomi> or dash, but I see that the upstream commit number is in a
 Danomi> comment at the top of the patch, so I don't know that naming
 Danomi> the file after the upstream commit number is actually helpful.
 Danomi>  Maybe "sudo-1.8.5p2-backport-cross-compile-fix.patch" would be
 Danomi> better?

Thanks for the heads up. Instead of renaming the file I bumped the sudo
package to the recent 1.8.6 release (so we don't need the patch any
more), but I'll try to remember for the future.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard