[Buildroot] eaccelerator

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Sep 19 20:10:12 UTC 2012

Dear Dallas Clement,

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:34:51 -0500, Dallas Clement wrote:

> Can any of you provide guidance on the proper way to build a PHP
> extension such as eaccelerator?  Should I create its own .mk or should
> I modify the php.mk to extract into $(PHP_DIR)/ext and make all
> together?  I have examined the eaccelerator tar ball contents and
> there is no configure script present, so I am assuming the intent is
> for it to be built with PHP.  Would appreciate any tips you might
> have.

The compilation instructions are detailed in
https://github.com/eaccelerator/eaccelerator/blob/master/README.
Apparently, you need to call phpize (which comes with PHP, but I don't
know if we build it for the host at the moment, I don't think so), it
probably generates a configure script, that you execute, and then you
can build the extension.

For sure, this extension needs to be a separate package from the php
package.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons