[Buildroot] [git commit] configs: add defconfig for boundarydevices nitrogen6x board

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Tue Sep 25 15:10:03 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Arnout" == Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> writes:

 Arnout> On 09/24/12 22:51, Peter Korsgaard wrote:
 >> board/boundarydevices/nitrogen6x/6q_bootscript |  Bin 0 ->  455 bytes
 >> board/boundarydevices/nitrogen6x/6q_upgrade    |  Bin 0 ->  1587 bytes

 Arnout> Why not keep these as text files and use host-mkimage to
 Arnout> produce the images?

Simplicity. I didn't write these scripts myself (they are from the uSD
shipped with the board), and accessing host tools or checking if
host-mkimage is enabled from the post-build script is not that straight
forward (you cannot truly rely on host bein $TARGET_DIR/../host).

I also doubted about the u-boot.bin handling, but atleast the user
cannot change the IMAGES_DIR to anything else (like BR2_HOST_DIR).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard