[Buildroot] Quick analysis of the last build failures

Samuel Martin s.martin49 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 18:19:32 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas, Yann, all,

2013/4/5 Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a quick analysis of the last build failures, so that we discuss
> how to solve them. If anyone is interested in taking any of the
> following issues and work on it, that would be great.

[...]
>  * lttng-libust on arm
>    http://autobuild.buildroot.org/results/dff75bdc6383714588f69981761f09f72b516de3/build-end.log
>
>    Compiler failure. I've reported this failure some time ago on the
>    Crosstool-NG mailing list (because it happens with a toolchain
>    generated with Crosstool-NG). See
>    http://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2013-01/msg00011.html. 4.6.3 is
>    still the latest version in the 4.6.x series.
>
>    We could also bump lttng-libust to 2.1.2 and see if any code change
>    happens to workaround the compiler bug.

Bumping lttng-libust to 2.1.2, or 2.2.0-rc1, does not fix the problem.
However, adding this patch (from Yocto) to crosstool-NG does fix this
lttng-libust build issue:
http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/plain/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.6/fix-for-ice-50099.patch?id=61dac2f6f68bc46d8f3f6f7a8757924f103c7c54

So, I think now it's Yann's call to integrate this patch in crosstool-NG.

Note that this patch does not seem applied upstream since it can be
applied on all the following branches of gcc:
gcc-4_6-branch, gcc-4_7-branch gcc-4_8-branch, master.

Samuel