[Buildroot] syslog messages during boot not recorded?

Francesco Montorsi francesco.montorsi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 10:06:26 UTC 2013

A few more results from my investigations: the absence of logged messages
does not depend from the values of the facility/level options passed to
openlog() or syslog() (apparently).
Moreover, a process started at boot time and doing periodic syslog() calls,
will generate output in /var/log/messages at some point, but all its initial
syslog() messages are lost.

At this point, I will write a syslog() wrapper to log to a file the messages
I need, rather than rely on a working syslog() during boot :(

Francesco