[Buildroot] Fwd: Building Webkit 1.10.2 using buildroot hangs at "Installing to staging Directory"

Bhupal Singh singhbhupal88 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 08:19:06 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bhupal Singh <singhbhupal88 at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Buildroot] Building Webkit 1.10.2 using buildroot hangs at
"Installing to staging Directory"
To: Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>

Dear Thomas,

First of all I am really very sorry that I could not share the buildroot
.config file with you, I clearly understand the working of open-source
community, without sharing the buildroot .config file you may not be able
to help me, but things are little confidential here that is the reason I am
not in a position to share stuffs with you.

Yeah you found it right I am using the older version of buildroot, which as
of now I can't upgrade to the latest version, doing so will require me to
put lot of effort, since we have build many packages other than the
buildroot default packages with the older version of buildroot.

Well, I digged on the issue further more and came to the point that the
issue is not with the buildroot it was with webkitgtk1.10.2 where I was
using the config option as --disable-jit. The issue got resolved by adding
few lines of code in webkitgtk source code.

I really appreciate your kindness to help me and sorry for the
inconvenience caused.
Looking forward to take help from you when we try to upgrade the buildroot
to the latest version, Hope so I will be in a position to share stuffs with
you.

Thank you,

--
Warm Regards,