[Buildroot] Adding local file system overlay

Jeremy Rosen jeremy.rosen at openwide.fr
Fri Apr 26 07:33:36 UTC 2013

----- Mail original -----
> Hi Buildroot mailinglist!
>
> During development of a new platform I sometimes find it useful to
> bundle my test builds with my own script/configuration files.
> Example: SSH keys
>
> This is not something that we want to include in default
> configuration for a board or by any way get in a final build so
> instead I added a second step to local file system overlay checking
> a local variable and if it is set us it as a roofs overlay.
>
> Is this something that is of interests for the upstream project?
>
> Example:
> export  LOCAL_ROOTFS_OVERLAY=/local-rootfs-overlay
> make

doesn't buildroot already do that ?

system configuration => overlay directory

or is your patch doing something different

on a semi-related note, I run the following post-build script for
ssh keys :

#!/bin/sh
mkdir -p $1/root/.ssh/
chmod 0700 $1/root/.ssh/
chmod 0700 $1/root
cp -p ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub $1/root/.ssh/authorized_keys
chmod 0600 $1/root/.ssh/authorized_keys

that will copy my public key as an authorized key on the built system