[Buildroot] List of pending patches: what to do?

Danomi Manchego danomimanchego123 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 02:52:34 UTC 2013

> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/172171 avahi: only install
> default.script/S05avahi-setup.sh if not present in fs skeleton

This issue has already been fixed a different way; patch can be discarded.

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/179493 relative DL_DIR okay?

This issue has already been fixed a different way; patch can be discarded.

> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/198234 group file: define groups
> expected by udev

This patch is still good as-is.

> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/249912 Makefile: change rsync used in
> overlays to always transfer files

The patch still applies, with no fuzz but some shifted lines.  The problem
described still exists, and is still fixed by the patch.

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/165382 [1/1] ccache: expose control
> interface via 'make ccache-options'

I've no strong objection, but I think that using a Makefile variable to
access the ccache binary is cumbersome, as cumbersome as having to export
a BUILDROOT_CACHE_DIR to get ccache to point to the right directory.
 Mercifully, buildroot avoids forcing us to define environment variables
for regular use - for everything except setting up ccache options, that is.
 Because of this, I tend to patch ccache to change the last-ditch cache dir
value from "format("%s/.ccache", home_directory)" to the value set in the
.config, which has a much better chance of being correct than
$HOME/.ccache, but can still be overridden by exporting
BUILDROOT_CACHE_DIR.  Then output/host/usr/bin/ccache can be invoked
directly to set max-size, stat-clearing, etc. without needing environment
variables.

Danomi -