[Buildroot] host-gettext build failure (emacs dependency?)

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Aug 1 14:31:25 UTC 2013

Dear Thomas De Schampheleire,

On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 15:58:06 +0200, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:

> But more generally, I wonder why host-gettext needs/uses emacs at all.
> The target gettext already disables several things:
> GETTEXT_CONF_OPT += \
>         --disable-libasprintf \
>         --disable-acl \
>         --disable-openmp \
>         --disable-rpath \
>         --disable-java \
>         --disable-native-java \
>         --disable-csharp \
>         --disable-relocatable \
>         --without-emacs
>
> but the host-gettext seems to be full. Do we really need e.g. emacs
> support for host-gettext? What about csharp, java, native-java?

Hum:

HOST_GETTEXT_CONF_OPT = \
        --disable-libasprintf \
        --disable-acl \
        --disable-openmp \
        --disable-rpath \
        --disable-java \
        --disable-native-java \
        --disable-csharp \
        --disable-relocatable \
        --without-emacs

So we also disable Emacs support and lots of other stuff.

I guess you don't have 0d4133edfedd8ca641db39d3eec9dc7146c8fa4e, which
has been merged post 2013.05.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons