[Buildroot] Using the new Ti-gfx with Qt5

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Aug 2 13:49:59 UTC 2013

Dear Charles Krinke,

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 06:38:44 -0700, Charles Krinke wrote:

> I am not on any kernel, but rather am trying to find a recipe that
> will allow ti-gfx to successfully compile. The 3.10 kernel is merely
> the default option when the arago toolchain is selected.

No, that doesn't make any sense. Selecting the Arago toolchain does not
select the kernel or any particular kernel version.

> I think we can make progress if we had a default, known working
> .config for buildroot for the AM3517 with Qt5 and ti-gfx with
> *whatever* kernel TI feels comfortable with.

I've used kernel 3.9.2 successfully with those ti-gfx drivers just a
month ago.

> Can someone at TI provide a default, known working .config for
> buildroot? This is not the .config for the kernel, but rather for
> buildroot. For the kernel, I assume TI recommends "omap2_plus".
>
> Perhaps as some other boards and variations have a readme.txt or
> default configuration in buildroot's board directory, it might be to
> our advantage to have such a file or files for TI's 356X and 3517
> SOC's and their respective reference designs from LogicPD and others.

The problem we have is that the Buildroot defconfig are normally here
to generate a minimal system, i.e just bootloader+kernel+busybox. We
have been discussing how to include more defconfig that provide more
features, but we haven't really reached a consensus yet on how to do
that.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons