[Buildroot] AVR32 toolchain build failure

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 14:40:22 UTC 2013

Hi Alexander,

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Alexander Lukichev
<alexander.lukichev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, Thomas!
>
> I had the same problem but was too busy at the time to articulate it here or
> to Thomas (Petazzoni), instead asking him if I could somehow use autobuilder
> to test out fixes :) Thanks for posting. I do not know what is the problem
> but I have it also.

Thanks for letting me know.

I found some info regarding this error here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8188849/avr-linker-error-relocation-truncated-to-fit

after which I tried adding -mno-short-calls to the failing xgcc call.
This did not change a thing however.

I'm wondering if it's at all possible to compile libstdc++ for avr32.
Following project seems to suggest it is:
https://github.com/jsnyder/avr32-toolchain/blob/master/Makefile
I looked through some of the options, but did not notice anything out
of the ordinary. One thing I did see is that for the avr32-toolchain
project, -Os is used. Could this fix the relocation truncation?

Any input is welcome...