[Buildroot] AVR32 toolchain build failure

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 05:55:52 UTC 2013

Hi Simon, Alexander,

> On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 20:20:31 +0200, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire
>> <patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I will, and let you know the results.
>>
>> This also failed in 2013.05, and 2013.02. I can continue down the
>> line, but it seems that not many people need C++ support on AVR32? I
>> can
>
> I do remember that some combinations like C++ + locale support has
> always been failing on AVR32.
>
> I personally don't care much about AVR32. I think Simon Dawson was the
> one mainly interested in keeping the AVR32 support in Buildroot for now.

Current buildroot cannot properly build an AVR32 toolchain with C++
support. This problem seems to be present for a while now. Are any of
you interested in such C++ support, and do you have time to look into
this?

If no-one is really interested (or does not have time), here are two
suggestions:
- we disable the C++ toolchain option for AVR32 and put a comment in kconfig
- we leave the C++ toolchain option but put a comment in kconfig

Thanks,