[Buildroot] AVR32 toolchain build failure

Simon Dawson spdawson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 16:09:39 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas

On 8 August 2013 09:12, Thomas De Schampheleire
<patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com> wrote:
> So you are able to build a toolchain with C++ support for avr32, using
> (a custom) buildroot? Is this a public buildroot fork that we can look
> at? If not: do you know (or could you look up) which changes have been
> made to make C++ support work?

All I've done is to branch off of the Buildroot master just prior to
commit 8abb5b33c1aae035cf48b1c81104b433ff884c64, which removed support
for uClibc 0.9.31. I've then been cherry-picking commits from master,
as required for my particular project.

I haven't made this fork publicly available. I also haven't had to
make any changes to get C++ support working --- it already worked for
me. I'm using host gcc 4.7.3; and the Buildroot-generated toolchain
builds host-binutils-2.18-avr32-1.0.1

Simon.