[Buildroot] libffi target header installation problem

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Aug 26 14:06:57 UTC 2013

Dear Nicolas Ménégale,

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:04:39 +0200 (CEST), Nicolas Ménégale wrote:

> Well I had, for a specific reason, two folder for two different versions of libffi into $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib/:
> libffi-3.0.11 and libffi-3.0.10
> This mv command was failing saying:
> "will not overwrite just-created <filename> with <sameFilename>"
> because it was trying to overwrite the .h it just moved.

Ok, that's what can happen if you bump Buildroot and then restart the
build without doing a "make clean". We generally don't support this
kind of use case, but I agree that in this case it doesn't hurt to
specify explicitly the version, so you can certainly send a patch for
this.

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons