[Buildroot] wanna compile busybox and uclib with self modified code, please help

hacklinux pipiliu_wangk at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 28 02:36:07 UTC 2013

according to the guidelines i made attempt as follow:

/home/wangk/buildroot-2012.11.1 is where buildroote preject locate in server machine, under this directory a local.mk was created the snapshot of the project is as follow:

[root at buildroot-2012.11.1]# ls
arch   boot     config         Config.in         configs  dl    fs     local.mk  Makefile.legacy  package  system
board  CHANGES  config_custom  Config.in.legacy  COPYING  docs  linux  Makefile  output           support  toolchain

and then variable LINUX_OVERRIDE_SRCDIR = /home/wangk/linux-2.6.39 was aslo added in the local.mk file. after this i made menuconfig and in Build options -> location of a package override file i gave the location where local.mk locate and  the value is as follow:

($(TOPDIR)/local.mk) location of a package override file

however, when i tried to rebuild the project an error was posted concerning linux kenel  that is :

[root at buildroot-2012.11.1]# make
--2013-08-28 11:25:08--  http://www.kernel.org/pub//linux/kernel/v2.6//linux-2.6.39.tar.bz2
Resolving www.kernel.org... failed: No address associated with hostname.
wget: unable to resolve host address ?.ww.kernel.org?
--2013-08-28 11:25:08--  http://sources.buildroot.net//linux-2.6.39.tar.bz2
Resolving sources.buildroot.net... failed: No address associated with hostname.
wget: unable to resolve host address ?.ources.buildroot.net?
make: *** [/home/wangk/buildroot-2012.11.1/dl/linux-2.6.39.tar.bz2] Error 1
[root at buildroot-2012.11.1]#

very confused about this, is there anything wrong with i  configure?

By the way ,  within the article variable concerning linux source override is given, what about variables concerning busybox and uClib ?

is there any  way to rebuild only part of  buildroote project, i mean, for example just rebuild kerenl  or  busybox, uClib etc . thx.

Best regards
wang