[Buildroot] debugging inittab

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Aug 29 10:14:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

 >> What was the reason we didn't do that in the first place?

 Thomas> I personally find it a bit ugly. Moreover, having a file allows
 Thomas> to add contents to explain *why* it is not the root filesystem,
 Thomas> while a directory cannot contain an explanation :)

 Thomas> Since we've added the THIS_IS_NOT_YOUR_ROOT_FILESYSTEM file,
 Thomas> this is the *first* time we have a new report of people using
 Thomas> output/target directly for NFS mounting. At this point, with a
 Thomas> file with such a name, and the contents of the file explaining
 Thomas> how to do NFS mounting, I think there's not much else we can do
 Thomas> except pointing users at this file which documents why what
 Thomas> they are doing cannot work.

True. Let's keep it like it is.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard