[Buildroot] Microblaze and ARC toolchains

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Dec 2 19:51:42 UTC 2013

Mischa, Spenser,

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 13:20:41 +0000, Mischa Jonker wrote:

> >  * On the ARC side of things, what I get is a failure at the uClibc
> >    build step. However, what's weird is that I did get one
> > successful build, but now that I've restarted everything from
> > scratch, it fails (and did so two times in a row) :
>
> Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce: I have rebased the patches to
> the latest status of today and used your defconfig below. I even
> cleared the "dl" folder.

Ignore my previous e-mail. It was my fault. My patches to try to avoid
MAKEINFO were changing "make install" to just "make" due to me
overriding MAKE_OPT. So obviously, binutils were no longer being
installed, causing all sort of weird problems.

> I will retest it on our compute farm that has very old Linux
> distributions running on it with almost no development tools at all.
> Maybe the issue shows itself there.

Don't spend time doing that. The ARC and Microblaze builds are now OK.
I'm just fixing a few things, and I will send a complete batch of
patches for Peter to pull as soon as things are ready for me.

Thanks, and sorry for the noise,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons