[Buildroot] Moschip MCS8142 SoC

Matthew Weber mlweber1 at rockwellcollins.com
Tue Dec 3 04:04:00 UTC 2013

Has anyone happened to work with this Moschip SoC?  I found Linux BSP
patches for the MCS8140 (OpenWRT 3.3 Kernel plus some initial attempts at
mainlining around 3.7), however that MCS8140 SoC was a true ARMv5 compared
to the MCS8142 seems to be based on a Faraday fa526 ARMv4.  Plus I'm not
to sure if the bus and peripheral architecture are simliar (need to do a
little more research yet).

Any help is appreciated (reference docs that outline the register
definition, etc.) .  We're trying to get a 3.x kernel running on this
target to replace a older 2.6.24 blob that we can't get source for.....

Thanks!

Matthew L Weber / Sr Software Engineer / Platform SW
mlweber1 at rockwellcollins.com