[Buildroot] Availability of old build results

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Thu Dec 5 23:41:22 UTC 2013

Thomas, All,

On 2013-12-06 00:25 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni spake thusly:
> Due to the autobuild.buildroot.org server crash, I had to quickly set
> up a new instance, which didn't include the build results available
> from the old server.
>
> I'm happy to announce that I have now reimported the old build results
> in the new server. This means that:
>
>  1/ All previous autobuild.buildroot.org URLs of build results should
>     now work again.
>
>  2/ The graph of success vs. failure rate is a lot more useful, see
>     http://autobuild.buildroot.org/stats.php.

There is something striking about this graph: the month before releases,
we clearly see a trend that the ratio success/failure increases in
favour of sucess, and suddenly there is a dramatic reversal the moment
the release is made, ie. when next is merged back into master.

That means we're doing quite a good job at hunting the failures during
the feature-freeze: this cycle, the ratio was ~90% success / ~10% failures
at the time of release. This is pretty good. :-)

As for the sudden drop at the time next is merged, I don't know what to
think of it.

There are occasional spikes where the tendency goes toward failures, but
those are quickly fixed.

It would be nice if the X-axis was labelled with Sundays rather than
every 11 days. It looks like there is a 7-day period in the cycle of
success - failure-spikes.

Thanks for providing this data! :-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.