[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2013-12-09

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Thu Dec 19 10:22:20 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 09:16:44AM +0200, Baruch Siach wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 07:28:35AM +0100, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> > Baruch Siach <baruch at tkos.co.il> wrote:
> > >
> > >I'm struggling with this one. The configure script test for posix_spawn build
> > >fails because it lacks '-lrt'. This causes m4 to use an internal
> > >implementation that fails at build time for some other reason (haven't found
> > >the reason for that yet).
> > >
> > >How can I add -lrt to the build test command line?
> >
> > Isn't this by adding/setting the LIBS variable before
> > calling the macro that executes the test?
>
> Thanks, I'll try that. This macro seems to be called from m4/spawn_h.m4. This
> failures seems to be xtensa specific. I wonder how other archs handle this.

Well, this check seems to come from gnulib. How can I fix it then?

BTW, coreutils shows the same problem
(http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/514/5147d4962bf486c91c314eda4894140f31ea1b44/).

I still don't understand why the autobuilder doesn't fail on other archs. I
can reproduce this failure on ARM with the following defconfig:

BR2_arm=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_WCHAR=y
BR2_PACKAGE_M4=y

Thomas P, is there a way to see the config.log file from a successful build of
m4 on the autobuilder?

These successes are quite hard to find, it seems. Of the latest 50 autobuilds,
the m4 package is selected in only 3 configs with the following results:

Same failure on arc
http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/ebf/ebf731271dc74d8b17304df3de8eb34220ce371e/

Failure for other reason on x86_64
http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/dbd/dbd7030f9a04d6aaf19b60ae04a2359228dda926/

Success on sh4a, apparently using glibc newer than 2.16 that moved posix_spawn
into the main libc.so
http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/0a2/0a29c9c8cc268a2d2468c6d2bccf27a77caefebf/

baurch