[Buildroot] Boost fails to compile without WCHAR support

Willy Lambert lambert.willy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:05:23 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have some work pending that rely on boost, so before sending
anything I tried my work in a fresh new buildroot tree from git. It
happens that boost is not building if WCHAR support is not enabled.
Boost checks for some dependencies like C++, large file, thread
support,  but seems to forget WCHAR :
comment "boost requires a toolchain with C++, large file and thread
support enabled"
	depends on !BR2_INSTALL_LIBSTDCPP || !BR2_LARGEFILE ||
!BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS

Does any one have this issue ? You I open a bug in the bugtracker ?
Just send a patch adding the WCHAR requierement ?