[Buildroot] network-manager-applet for buildroot almost ready

Stefan Fröberg stefan.froberg at petroprogram.com
Thu Feb 21 14:41:07 UTC 2013

Hello all!

I have network-manager-applet running and it appears into fluxbox system
tray but
it does not detect any networks.

When starting it from terminal it spits the following:

** Message: applet now removed from the notification area
** Message: applet now embedded in the notification area

** (nm-applet:766): WARNING **: Failed to register as an agent: (32) No
session found for uid 0

Does that "No session found for uid 0" mean that there is something
wrong with dbus ????

Or is that error related to consolekit ?

I have it here running too (and soon will submit to buildroot)
Also running are NetworkManager and dbus.

I start fluxbox with normal startx command and I have just "exec
/usr/bin/startfluxbox" in my .xinitrc file.

Regards
Stefan