[Buildroot] force buildroot to regenerate the output/target directory tree

Francesco Montorsi francesco.montorsi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:46:00 UTC 2013

Hi,
I've been using buildroot since some time and there is a thing I didn't figure
out yet. Consider this situation: I have a working buildroot environment; I have
copied into the output/target folder some stuff so that when I run "make"
buildroot generates for me images into output/images which already contain the
contents I manually copied.
Now I would like to "reset" the output/target folder, i.e. obtain the buildroot
"vanilla" output/target tree and to obtian the buildroot vanilla
output/images.... how can I do that without doing a "make clean" (which requires
re-compilation of all packages and takes a lot of time)?

does a "rm -rf output/target && make" works?

Thanks!
Francesco