[Buildroot] X11 component versions

Nicolas Dechesne ndec13 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 20:42:39 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Will Wagner <will_wagner at carallon.com> wrote:
> You can find my work on updating to x11r7.7 on gitorious at
> https://gitorious.org/willw-buildroot/willw-buildroot/commits/remotes/gitorious/x11r7.7
>
> It is now based on a much older buildroot version and needs a lot of work to
> update.

thanks. i am starting to look at what you've done (and rebase on
master). however I don't understand how you came up with the large
list of 'removed' components [1].

some comments:
 - why did you remove any of the xapp_xxx components? these one are
generally not included in the X11 R7.x releases, and are released
separately. i don't understand why we should remove them from BR
during a X11 version upgrade
 - i agree with your list of removed drivers (xdriver_xxx)
 - I agree that the following components were removed during R7.4 to
R7.5 migration:
font-bitstream-speedo-1.0.0.tar.gz
fontcacheproto-0.1.2.tar.gz
libXfontcache-1.0.4.tar.gz
 - for everything else, i don't know why you removed them.

cheers

nico

[1] : $ git log --oneline
master..remotes/will/remotes/gitorious/x11r7.7  | grep removed | awk
'{print $2}'
xapp_xinit:
xproto_xf86rushproto:
xproto_printproto: