[Buildroot] Question about patches

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Wed Feb 6 22:37:25 UTC 2013

Przemyslaw, All,

On Wednesday 06 February 2013 Przemyslaw Wrzos wrote:
> Just a quick question about how the mailing list works. I submitted a
> patch a week ago for netsnmp but it hasn't got any replies. Is it
> appropriate to bump it with a follow up email until it gets noticed or
> is it in the pipeline somewhere eventually to get looked at? Is it
> better to start a discussion before submitting a patch instead?

The backlog is currently being handled.

Besides, last week-end was FOSDEM, and many europeans attended. FOSDEM
is a very busy conference, so attendees do not have much time looking
at there usual tasks... Peter, the current Buildroot maintainer, was
attending.

Also, we've had two busy days on Monday and Tuesdays discusing Buildroot
(the report is on its way), and we had a look at the current patch backlog.

I'd say, leave it some time for a patch to be applied. If it is a build or
a security fix, then reply about a week later with a message simply stating
"ping?" in the body (but keep your original message quoted). If it is a
new package, anew package option, or a package bump, then wait for about
two weeks before pinging.

Anyway, new features (apckages, options or version bumps) are too late
for 2013.02; -rc1 is due very soon. Just wait for the end of the month,
until the merge window opens again.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.