[Buildroot] [git commit] qextserialport: don't require Qt GUI module

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Feb 7 08:24:57 UTC 2013

Dear Arnout Vandecappelle,

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 08:00:07 +0100, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

> >   While we're at it, we could also throw out our patching of the
> > platform-specific qws config file: we are anyway replacing all
> > "interesting" variables with our own values, so all useful content
> > is thrown away.  Instead, we could make our own spec file that
> > contains exactly what we need:
> >
> > include(../../common/linux.conf)
> > include(../../common/gcc-base-unix.conf)
> > include(../../common/g++-unix.conf)
> > include(../../common/qws.conf)
> > <our stuff goes here>
> > load(qt_config)
> >

> >   What do you think?
>

>   Thomas,
>
>   Now that you're working on Qt5, maybe you can check with qt-project
> if this is indeed the way to go?

I am not sure why you mean by "this", but in the Qt5 packaging, I do
add our own linux-buildroot-g++ configuration. See
http://git.free-electrons.com/users/thomas-petazzoni/buildroot/diff/package/qt5/qt5base/qt5base-mkspecs-files.patch?h=qt5&id=7c1f7b9967d814e3f5c838e7090ac04b9d06af51.

Is that what you meant?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons