[Buildroot] disable downloaded source cache

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Feb 13 22:42:42 UTC 2013

On 13/02/13 17:14, Lionel Orry wrote:
> I am experimenting with the BR2_ROOTFS_OVERLAY feature which works
> great for me to add my overlay before image creation.
>
> My overlay is versioned with git, and I would like however to allow
> automatic synchronisation (pull or even clone, the repository is very
> small) with my remote each time I simply do 'make'. The overlay
> feature only copies a folder content, but does not allow updating the
> source folder content from a site (I perfectly understand it is not
> its purpose and the feature must be kept simple).

  Like so often, my answer to this kind of thing is: wrap the call to
buildroot in a script. I.e., write a script that updates the overlay (and
any other custom package), regenerates the config from a defconfig, does
whatever other required magic, then calls make, and maybe does some
post-processing on the resulting images as well.

  This makes it much easier to understand what happens than a totally
hacked together xxx-overlay package.

  Regards,
  Arnout