[Buildroot] network-manager-applet for buildroot almost ready

Stefan Fröberg stefan.froberg at petroprogram.com
Thu Feb 21 16:21:42 UTC 2013

21.2.2013 16:41, Stefan Fröberg kirjoitti:
> Hello all!
>
> I have network-manager-applet running and it appears into fluxbox system
> tray but
> it does not detect any networks.
>
> When starting it from terminal it spits the following:
>
> ** Message: applet now removed from the notification area
> ** Message: applet now embedded in the notification area
>
> ** (nm-applet:766): WARNING **: Failed to register as an agent: (32) No
> session found for uid 0
>
> Does that "No session found for uid 0" mean that there is something
> wrong with dbus ????
>
> Or is that error related to consolekit ?
>
> I have it here running too (and soon will submit to buildroot)
> Also running are NetworkManager and dbus.
>
> I start fluxbox with normal startx command and I have just "exec
> /usr/bin/startfluxbox" in my .xinitrc file.
>

> Regards
> Stefan

I added ConsoleKits ck-launch-session to my .xinitrc as instructed here
http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php?title=Start_fluxbox_from_the_command_line

Now it does not anymore nag about missing session.
However, still no networks detected and when I try to click and view
properties of nm-applet it spits this:

** Message: applet now removed from the notification area
** Message: applet now embedded in the notification area

** (nm-applet:905): WARNING **: async_got_type: could not read
properties for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/10:
Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist

** (nm-applet:905): WARNING **: async_got_type: could not read
properties for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/10:
Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist

** (nm-applet:905): WARNING **: Connection activation failed: Creating
object for path '/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/10'
failed in libnm-glib.

** (nm-applet:905): WARNING **: async_got_type: could not read
properties for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/10:
Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist

So this is definetely either dbus or networkmanager (or both) problem

Regards
Stefan